Popular Posts

Friday, October 3, 2014

First Time Meetings - Connie Jo Pettis-Rowe

First Time Meetings - Connie Jo Pettis-Rowe



Connie Jo and Betty Pettis with Joshua
 
My first meeting was when Joshua was three days old. I came to see you and you put him in my arms and I walked oh so carefully to the couch. I was afraid I might break him. He was so beautiful. I held he and looked at his beautiful face and talked to you and all the time I was so nervous. Finally I said to you "Selma, I don't want to make you upset or anything but I've never held a baby and I don't know what I'm doing". You said so nonchalant "your doing just fine". It didn't bother you in the least.

I will never forget that moment and the way he felt in my arms. I love you Joshua and my dearest friend Selma.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment