Popular Posts

Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Comical Drive-Thru Order -- Our Wienerschnitzel Story!

A Comical Drive-Thru Order
Our Wienerschnitzel Story


While it may seem simple to order food at a drive-thru fast food restaurant, it actually became quite complex with Joshua!  Since one of Joshua's favorite things was to throw anything and everything out any window or over any fence, or into any river, etc., etc. an open window was an invitation to find the closest items - no matter how large or small - and throw them very quickly and with great precision right out the window!

To be safe in my own car, the garage door opener was way deep under the front driver's seat -- and far enough under my seat that Joshua could not even see it or reach with his long, skinny arms!  My purse had to be also pushed under the seat or as far on the left side of me as possible.  If the kids dropped any toys, money, trash, etc., they were ready targets!  Items small and large could be thrown without notice! And with four younger siblings, we did have many items that were always in the car!  

So one day when we stopped at Wienerschnitzel to get some hot dogs, I had the usual problem of trying to figure out how to place the order without losing the very throwable items within Joshua's ever-ready reach!  

I pulled up to the drive-thru window, and decided that if I only rolled the window down an inch, Joshua certainly could not throw anything out that window!  While I was leaning closely into my very small window opening and talking loudly to place my order, a worker came out the back door.  He noticed me, noticed me talking at the top of the widow, stared with great confusion for a moment or two and decided he certainly needed to give me a little help!

While using his arms very dramatically to show me how to roll down the window, he also yelled very slowly to me these words:


"You have to roll the window down!"

All I could do was smile, give him a little wave and a thanks, and laugh to myself!  Of course I looked like a silly mom trying to place an order through a tiny little opening in the window!  He was so kind to try to help -- just think if we didn't know!

And Joshua, as always, was totally oblivious and completely innocent!  He just wanted his french fries and root beer!

I can only imagine what he told his co-workers about how it certainly was a good thing he walked outside and helped that poor lady and her five kids who were trying to place an order through a closed window of all things!

Oh well, we probably needed to lighten their day.  Joshua -- your fun and unique ways certainly brought great adventure and sweet memories!!

So if you ever see me placing my order through a tiny little opening in the window, I am just missing my Joshua boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment