Popular Posts

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mother's Day Kiss

Mother's Day Kiss

“I have a 21 year old son who will still blow kisses to me in public.”

E-Mail dated  May 7, 2004


Dear Family & Friends:

I realized this morning that Joshua gave me a very classic and special Mother's Day gift last night.   As a little background, this week has been interesting (but that's not unusual) -- there have been too many hits to count each day, too many minutes trying to get him to go somewhere, some harder seizures, a lot of interrupted sleep, a stinky diaper at the wrong time, items thrown out the car window, etc., etc.  Anyway -- we have certainly learned to laugh at all of these.




But, last night at Special Needs Mutual, there was a Court of Honor for all of the Special Needs Scouts.  First of all, I could not get Joshua's Scout shirt on -- no amount of coaxing or force was working, so I gave up.  And then when we arrived at Mutual, they were holding the Court of Honor on the grass outside, but Joshua was use to going inside and would not stay outside, so after he spent a fair amount of time in the Church, his helper Jordan finally coaxed and helped to get him to the grass area.  And then we were relieved when we finally got him to sit down.  Well, he was doing fairly well until it was his troop's turn to go up to the front and receive their awards.  He would absolutely not, no way, go up to the front.  Several of us were coaxing, gently pushing, etc., etc.  And finally his leader thought of putting a chair up there, and that did it.  This prompted Joshua to stand and go to the front, but he would not sit in the leader's chair, he had to carry his own up.  So there he sat at the front -- finally --- with his troop to receive his 5 merit badges.

And then, he looked around, and said "Where's Selma."  I stood and waved.  He spotted me and got excited, and gave his cute little wave back.  And then --- the classic Joshua moment --- HE BLEW ME A KISS!!!




No picture could have captured the love and joy behind his kiss.  And, as I sit in gratitude today for that very special kiss, I realize that I have a 21 YEAR OLD SON WHO WILL STILL BLOW KISSES TO ME IN PUBLIC.  Can you beat that???  That is truly a blessing.

Thanks to all of you for the love you give Joshua -- I hope you all get the same kisses blown to you.

Love,
Selma

No comments:

Post a Comment