Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Tribute to Grandpa & Grandma Larson - My Parents and Heroes

A Tribute to Grandpa & Grandma Larson
My Parents and Heroes


John & Carol Larson - My Wonderful Parents!

On December 18, 2014, my parents will have been married for 60 years!  I am forever thankful to be one of their 12 children!  They have sacrificed for each one of us, and their huge extended family through each one of their lives!  


My Parents with all 12 of my Siblings!

I clearly remember the day Joshua was born, and the excitement of my parents (he was the 4th of eventually 39 grandchildren).  I can still see my Dad sitting in the chair in my hospital room, and just chuckling with joy!  And my Mom was always looking for ways to help, to lift and bless my life as I adjusted to the demands of being a young mom.

Grandpa holding tight so Joshua won't run away!
And specifically with Joshua, they encouraged, babysat, took him places and especially loved him with all of their hearts.  Although Joshua could be very disruptive, he went to family birthday parties, vacations, reunions, and just loved to hang out at Grandpa & Grandma's house.  For years they gave us week-long breaks in the summer, until one day Joshua had some tough physical aggressions in the bank, and they got stuck and could not get him out.  At this point Joshua had grown much bigger and taller, and they had grown older.

Holding cousin Ashley!
Despite these challenges, they watched and support Joshua at school activities, special needs t-ball and soccer, Special Olympics and many other activities.  

One of our favorite family trips was to Zion National Park throughout Joshua's entire life, where Joshua would throw rocks, chairs, food and hats into the river.  We have many, many sweet memories of this.

They loved to hear their doorbell ring over and over, knowing that Joshua was about to burst in, saying "hi, hi, hi" and then immediately run happily into their backyard to play!  My Dad would jokingly hand me the Windex bottle because we knew by the end of our visit, Joshua's sticky fingerprints would be all over the glass sliding door and many other places.  

Joshua knew that Grandpa (Papa) and Grandma loved him, and this brought him joy throughout his life.  Enjoy some of my favorite pictures throughout the years!

Holding tight again at Zions!
At Uncle Doug's graduation.  Grandma took him everywhere!


More favorite moments with Papa!

A classic precious family picture watching slides.  Notice Joshua's obvious joy!





No comments:

Post a Comment