Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Tribute to Great-Grandma Selma Larson

A Tribute to Great-Grandma Selma Larson

I have often thought of Joshua in heaven, hugging his great-grandma Selma, 
and jubilantly calling "Where's Selma?"  
There is so much comfort knowing that this phrase still lives on!


Four Generation Picture



My Grandma Selma, who I was always so honored to be named after, lived about 30 miles away when Joshua was born and was in her early 80s.  She loved to call me on the phone and ask how Joshua was doing.  The beauty of her Swedish accent when she pronounced Joshua's name is one I will always treasure. There was no doubt of the love she had for Joshua, and for me, and for our entire family.  She was a beautiful, soft-spoken, sweet and wonderful grandma.  
I am so thankful to have the above 4-generation picture of my grandma, my dad, me and Joshua!


Grandma Selma holding Joshua!


A beautiful reminder of how she loved to look at Joshua!
My most cherished memories are my homemade Raggedy Ann dolls, homemade apricot jam, Saturdays at her house and climbing her apricot tree, and her delicious Swedish pancakes.  


She was a widow for many years and I love seeing the pictures of her and my grandpa dancing in their Swedish costumes.  Their faces are full of joy!

I have often thought of Joshua in heaven, hugging his great-grandma Selma, and jubilantly calling "Where's Selma?"  There is so much comfort knowing that this phrase still lives on!

My Grandma Selma died in her sleep on my 23rd birthday, when I was six months pregnant with Jeremy.  She was so excited for me to have another baby, and I know she is watching over us from heaven.  I love you Grandma!


A sweet and tender moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment