Popular Posts

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Candles at Joshua's Grave

Christmas Candles at Joshua's Grave


Jeremy, Jacob, Janson, Jamie and Selma 2014
Me - 2017
Our family tradition is for the kids to all stay overnight on Christmas Eve.  I love this - especially since they are all young adults now!  But it is never complete because we miss our Joshua boy!  This year, we brought candles, a small Christmas tree and decorations and went to Joshua's grave Christmas Eve night.  We each  held our lit candle, and shared stories about the blessing Joshua was in our life.  

Even in his trials, he was always a blessing.

As my friend Kelli Harris so compassionately stated, "Makes me cry and feel joy at the same time."

And that is how I feel about Joshua.  I have a million stories that bring me joy, sweet memories and peace.  But the sorrow of being apart for him for the rest of this life is more difficult than I can express.

I'm so thankful for my wonderful children, for the candles and memories we shared together at Joshua's grave on a cold, dark Christmas Eve night.


Jeremy & Kristen, Jamie & Christian, Janson & Syd, Selma, Jacob - 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment