Popular Posts

Friday, November 28, 2014

A Tribute to Joshua's Best Friend & Brother - Jeremy

This beautiful brotherly love is so evident!
A Tribute to Jeremy John Eisenstat
Joshua's Best Friend & Brother



How can I possibly express my gratitude for Joshua's "little big" brother Jeremy?  

The beginning of this best brother relationship began at Joshua's 2nd birthday party when my water suddenly broke!!  And Jeremy was born just under 4 hours later.  From that moment, January 26th was a special celebration of my two oldest boys!  And Jeremy and his friends always included Joshua in on the birthday celebration!  
Me with my adorable boys!

Jeremy was a very obedient child somehow knowing at an early age that I needed to hold on to Joshua, chase Joshua, and carry him all while Jeremy followed right along -- he was amazing!  Joshua loved knowing Jeremy was in the same bedroom, and many times would look over at Jeremy in the middle of the night and say "hi Jemma."  

A typical view of the fun they had!
One of my favorite stories happened when they were about 5 and 3 years old.  I had put them both to bed, but they would not stay in bed.  Over and over I would hear them out of bed, and I would go back in.  So finally, this last time, as I heard them playing and laughing, I thought I would catch them in the act and whipped open the door.  The difference in my boys stands out in my mind to this day.  Jeremy immediately "dove" back into bed and pretended he had been asleep all along!!  :)  And Joshua, looking at me with his beautiful and innocent eyes, simply said, "hi!"  Oh, how I loved my boys!!

Through the years I was always so thankful for Jeremy's love for his older brother.  Jeremy became the older brother as he matured, and Joshua stayed young, and is a blessing to all of his siblings!  

Holding tight to Joshua so he wouldn't run!
Another moment that stands out in my mind is when Joshua had an extremely hard seizure just outside the front door, and ended up with a gash, and bleeding badly.  Jeremy and I heard him thud against the front door at the same time, and worked together to hold onto him so he didn't injure himself further, and of course, we ended up with blood on us, and using all of our strength.  Jeremy said to me, "this is so hard."  I choke up just thinking about that statement still.  Yes it was extremely hard, and I am so thankful that you always rose to a greater height than I could have asked for as you loved and served him every day.



Here is the link to the talk Jeremy wrote for Joshua's funeral.
http://joshuasheartfullofhugs.blogspot.com/2013/01/brothers-forever-he-was-and-is-best-big.html




Jeremy helping his big brother!

Another sweet memory with my boys!

Joshua's joy at being with his brother!

Jeremy's hug right after they walked across the Pleasant Grove High School Graduation stage!


No comments:

Post a Comment