Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Tribute to Janson - Joshua's Youngest Brother

A Tribute to Janson Jeremy Eisenstat
Joshua's Youngest Brother


Janson and Jacob always close by their brother!
Janson is the youngest in our family, and was only 10 years old when Joshua died.  But although he was young, his sensitive and kind heart broke at the loss of his brother.


Janson helping Joshua at t-ball.
Joshua was 11 years old when Janson was born.  As a Mom, I had 3 children in diapers!!  Janson, as a newborn; Jacob as a 28 month old, and Joshua at age 11!  Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed.  I was not able to nurse Janson because this upset Joshua, and he would hit me and become more agitated and aggressive.  A bottle with formula worked absolutely perfect!  I loved each one of my children so much, and very quickly, I realized that if I was to raise 5 young children, I would have to be creative, go with little sleep, build on their individual strengths and talents and teach them to love and serve each other.

 Janson was my little sidekick.  When I coached special needs t-ball, he was close beside me.  When I was a mother helper at school, he was right there.  And the list goes on.  I cherish this time when Janson wanted to be near me all day long.  And by doing this, Janson became a great advocate, friend and cheerleader to Joshua.  He followed his older siblings in finding ways to make Joshua laugh, in helping him, learning to deal with seizures and aggression, and mostly in loving him.

Janson having fun with Joshua and bringing him much joy!

In my sister Vickie's funeral talk, she had asked Janson what he was feeling, and Janson said that if Joshua wasn't in our family, we wouldn’t have learned about special needs and how to help people. 

I am so thankful for my wonderful Janson, for his sensitivity and compassion.  He is smart, he is handsome and he is awesome!






Janson's broken heart and final goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment