Popular Posts

Thursday, April 10, 2014

My "Stop Sign" Dream - "One More Day"


My “Stop Sign” Dream
I did feel that I was given a few moments with Joshua, to hear his wonderful and joyous laugh,
to see his gleeful run and to know with all of my heart that he lives.

Last night I had a dream with Joshua!!  This is a huge blessing as there have only been a few other times.  And I definitely want to see him “one more time” as he would say.  My first dream about 8 years ago I was able to reach down and hug him again.  And even though in my dream he was alive, I knew even in my dream, what a special and beautiful hug I had just been given.  I loved that hug!!

In my dream last night, which seemed so real, Joshua was running with his special, awkward run (no surprise) while carrying a Stop sign (which was surprising).  He has never carried a Stop sign!  Joshua was happy, he was laughing and he was running so very fast!!  I loved hearing his joy-filled laugh again!  Because he was running so fast the only way for me to catch him was to quickly hop in my car and drive to the spot I could see him, which was on a canyon road near some men working.  But the closer I got, sadly, the more impossible it was to catch him.  But he kept holding the Stop sign.  And then suddenly, Joshua disappeared around the corner.  I drove and drove, looking and looking for him.  I wanted to find him so very badly, and save him from getting hurt, and hug him and love him.  Throughout his life, I was always fearful he would get hit by a car.  But sadly, I could not find him anywhere!  I wanted so badly to call for help, but even in my dream, I knew that there was no one that could help me to find him, since he was really dead.  As dreams go, I was unable to find him again.  And as I woke up, it made sense that I could not.  Even though I still wished I had caught him and hugged him, laughed with him and given him a few high fives!  But I did feel that I was given a few moments with Joshua, to hear his wonderful and joyous laugh, to see his gleeful run and to know with all of my heart that he lives. 

Alma 40:11-12 in the Book of Mormon read:

11 Now, concerning the astate of the soul between bdeath and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are ctaken dhome to that God who gave them life.

12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of ahappiness, which is called bparadise, a state of rest, a state of cpeace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.

I know that Joshua is at home with God, and is healed and happy.

These moments also remind me of a wonderful song.  I listen to it often, and the words are so true and so beautiful.

 “One More Day”
By:  Diamond Rio
Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn't ask for money
Or a manion in Malibu
I simply wished, for one more day with you
One more day
One more time
 One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

First thing I'd do, is pray for time to crawl
Then I'd unplug the telephone
And keep the TV off
I'd hold you every second
Say a million I love you's
That's what I'd do, with one more day with you

One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

Leave me wishing still, for one more day
Leave me wishing still, for one more day

No comments:

Post a Comment