Popular Posts

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hugs from Heaven!

Hugs from Heaven!!




I should have been keeping track of these as there have been
many more than these, from siblings calling at just the right time,
to timely letters and sweet memories.  I will try to keep up on them
as they occur, and hope to remember the ones in the past year.


Spring 2006 – I went to Target and right away ran into Heidi Dixon from my Pleasant Grove Ward.  My memory of her and Joshua happened at Target a few years earlier when Joshua threw his video tape behind a counter, and I could not reach it.  I finally had to leave it there, which was so difficult.  Joshua just did not understand the cause and effect rule.  Later that night, Heidi came over to bring me a video tape!  I was totally confused how she could be holding the same tape Joshua had thrown behind the counter earlier that day.  But Heidi was shopping at Target later that day and had seen the video tape at the cashier's counter, and saw Joshua's name written on it.  She then told the cashier that she knew who that tape belonged to.  She brought it over that night, much to my surprise and delight.

Summer 2006 – Hunter Joshua Larson (age 10 months) gives the classic Joshua wave good bye – he had never done it before

Summer 2006 – Glenn is driving down Geneva Road and sees a whole loaf of bread in the middle of the road; then a half mile later he sees another one.  He calls me and sends a family e-mail and wonders if Joshua’s spiritual twin is out there.

August 2006 – In the wee hours of the morning, I heard several knocks on the bedroom wall.  I almost thought Joshua was really there.  It also brought many sweet memories of his trademark knock.
September 4, 2006 – Selma & Janson go bowling, and always think about Joshua when bowling.  At the bowling alley, “You Raise Me Up” comes over the loud speakers.
 
September 6, 2006 – Selma takes Jason Clarke to a last minute dental appt., and it is at Dr. McBee’s office (Joshua’s jaw surgeon).  A few minutes after arriving in the waiting room, “You Raise Me Up” comes on their radio.

September 7, 2006 – It is the Opening Social for the Special Needs Mutual and Glenn is the DJ.  Selma is too emotional to go, but Glenn calls her when he plays “You Raise Me Up.”

September 8, 2006 – Selma gets her haircut from Whitney (who is getting married on Joshua’s death anniversary and she keeps a picture of Joshua on her dresser).  Right when Selma sits down in the salon chair, “I Hope You Dance” comes on their radio.
 
April 4, 2013 – Doug & Rochelle were in St. George.  Doug sent this Facebook message.  “One of our highlights from our trip that is still going on in St. George. We took a bunch of bread to feed the ducks and birds at the golf course by Mom and dads house and when we ran out of bread, Kaylee picked up a rock and threw it. I said, "Kaylee, don 't throw rocks at the ducks." She responded, "But I'm throwing them for Joshua". Now how can you say no to that?”









April 10, 2014 - Selma is at FedEx to scan pictures of Joshua.  “I Hope You Dance” begins playing as she approaches the scanner.
 
2012 – 2014
Selma begins running.  A good part of the time, she sees a McDonalds bag or cup in the road or in the dirt.  It really was always a happy place.  Joshua is smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment