Popular Posts

Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Puddle Story

A Puddle Story

Thank you splash man, for your understanding and forgiveness!


A few years ago it was raining, and I saw some puddles, and started telling the kids in the car how much I missed driving in the rain with Joshua in the car because he LOVED puddles!!  Well, to illustrate my point, and to talk about how great Joshua's laugh was when we would drive through a puddle, I saw a puddle to the side of the road, and I veered the car over a bit, drove right through that puddle, and watched the wonderful splash while remembering sweet, joyous times with puddles.  When suddenly I noticed!!! ... to my horror ... there was a person on the sidewalk and I had just splashed him!!!  I should have stopped, but I gasped, and hoped with all of my heart, that he would forgive me.  Especially since I was driving my car with the "WRSELMA" license plate!

The reality is, of course,  he never knew the joy and sweet memory that had just been re-lived.

Thank you splash man, for your understanding and forgiveness!

No comments:

Post a Comment