Popular Posts

Monday, March 31, 2014

Adventures in Church - Page 3

1,101 Church Meetings -- Page 3
A Surprise Meeting
 
  
 All of the challenges and experiences in church, week after week, year after year, made this next incident even more surprising.  There was one Sunday when Joshua seemed to have just disappeared during church.  He wasn’t in his class; he wasn’t in the hallway; he wasn’t walking around outside the church.  As I started to feel more and more anxious to find Joshua, I decided to just peak into the chapel, where the neighboring ward was in the process of holding their Sacrament Meeting.  As my eyes scanned the congregation, suddenly I spotted my tall, skinny and handsome son, sitting still and very reverent, right in the middle of another Sacrament Meeting!  I couldn’t understand how this same young man who was very hyperactive and busy in our own Sacrament meetings could sit so still in this one.  I could only attribute it to the fact that somehow he knew he wasn’t suppose to be in there, and the result was that he was finally able to sit very still.  I’m sure there was a very good chance that Joshua handed out a hymnbook or two before I saw him in the chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment