Popular Posts

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Poem by Aunt Cynthia


I AM A MISSIONARY --
By Cynthia Clarke, Joshua's Aunt
October 15, 2006


If I could have chosen another way

To have lived my life on earth

Or blessed with a higher IQ
Than I could use after birth.
If I could have run a little faster
Or kicked a ball further away
I’d turn my back on all those things

Because I was a missionary.

If I could have spoken more clearly

And learned how to make a phone call.

If I could have gone on some dates

With the girls I hugged at the mall.

If I had sung hymns a little louder

Or had a job with better pay

I’d turn my back on all those things

Because I was a missionary.

There are many ways to share the joy

Of Christ and His true church.

Walking dusty roads in foreign lands

Even knocking on strangers doors.

Because Jesus said “Come follow me.”

I tried with all of my might

To answer yes to His loving call

With handshakes, hugs and high fives!

I did my best to share His love,

And my knowledge of Heavenly Father.

All who saw me knew I was truly blessed

When watching me with my mother.

Although I wish we were together now

No more burdens do I carry.

I followed Christ to His home on high

So I am still a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment