Popular Posts

Sunday, October 8, 2017

"You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban

"You Raise Me Up"
by Josh Groban

joshasheartfullofhugs.blogspot.com
by Selma Anna Larson



This is Joshua's song.  This speaks to every person who was part of his life or crossed his path.  The challenges and joys in raising Joshua, in serving him, in loving him, symbolically raised me up to more than I could be.  I know that divine help was with me every day to lift and strengthen me.  And during the process, I tried to help Joshua be all that he could be.  I did carry him on my back, or shoulders when he was smaller, but I felt like I was also carried on his shoulders as we captured the beauty and joy of family, sacrifice and life together.

I also know that through the strength and power of Jesus Christ I was able to carry Joshua on my back.  I felt the love of Christ for Joshua and for me as we found wonderful joy and love in our journey together each day.  The Book of Mormon has a favorite scripture in Mosiah when the Nephites were feel burdened, they were told, “Lift up your heads and be of good comfort for I know of the covenant which you have made unto me, and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.  And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders that even you cannot  feel them upon your backs.”  That’s why I could hold him on my back.  And I loved doing it.  (Mosiah 24:14-15.)

I watched in awe of my other four children as they also raised Joshua up through their love, sacrifice, service and understanding to bring him such joy and fun!
Jeremy and Joshua shared a bedroom for 19 years!
Two brothers who shared a birthday and loved unconditionally!

Jamie was his only sister and she loved her brother and she was strong!
She helped with everything - seizures included!

Jacob's love for his brother overflows in this picture.
Joshua knew he was loved!

Janson was the youngest and loved going everywhere with me!
He could make Joshua laugh and smile during his very tough moments!

Since we have never had a normal conversation, our days together were filled with silent understanding, unspoken troubles and sorrows, and sweet bursts of joy!  I was in awe of some tender moments where my heart was burdened with pain and sorrow, and Joshua simply patted my arm or gave me his never ending hugs.

Joshua died of cardiomyopathy which was unexpected and devastating.  His heart was literally twice the size!  This was a spiritual acknowledgement of the huge love Joshua had for everyone he met!  His heart was truly larger than his broken body could hold and so this phrase in the song means even more:  "When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary, when troubles come and my heart burdened be" I think of my angel Joshua raising me up to more than I can be so that I can be with him again someday.  

I love Joshua with all of my heart,, and that heart has a hole in this life that eternity will fill someday. His pure love, innocent spirit, and joyful personality raised me up each and every day.  


I love you Joshua.



When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit a while with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up, to more than I can be



You raise me up, to more than I can be

No comments:

Post a Comment