Popular Posts

Saturday, July 29, 2017

My First 10K Race!

 My First 10K Race!



I finished the Speedy Spaniard 10K - my first 10K at age 55!!  Although I'm not speedy and definitely struggled (I had some walking moments for sure)! I loved starting the race with my beautiful daughter-in-law and having Kristin, Jeremy and Jacob cheering me in at the finish line! Seeing family at the finish line was the absolute best!  I am not a great runner, and wasn't fully prepared so that first hill right at the start threw off my hopes, since I had to walk right away and get past that difficulty!!  I did run most of the time and knowing Kristen was running in front of me, and my family would be at the finish line kept me going!! 


I also had a beautiful tender mercy when my running pace was the same as a dad running with one son and pushing another son in a large stroller! I talked to them later and his son had similar disabilities as Joshua. So I felt Joshua cheering me on too!  With Joshua's super hyperactivity and running everywhere, I called Joshua my very own home gym, so I loved this very sweet blessing today!


My time was 1:16.  For the record, I got 6th place out of 6 women in my age group!!  But I finished.  :)

Thanks Kristen for inspiring me to do this!! You rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment