Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Best High Fives Ever!

The Best High Fives Ever!!

And Joshua proceeded to high five every girl on the opposing team's bench.

A fabulous bowl for Joshua!
And I loved our high fives!

To know Joshua, was to know he also loved high fives!!  And to greet Joshua meant you never knew if you were going to get a hug, a high five or a handshake!  But that was so fun!!  And he was equally enthusiastic about each greeting!  He would most likely be clumsy in his high five greetings, but he made up for it in enthusiasm, in his loud and infectious laugh, and in his pure love and joy that accompanied all of his greetings!

A favorite memory is told by my brother, who was the Girls Basketball Coach at Pleasant Grove High School:  "I think everybody's talked about how Joshua loved to give high fives.  Well, in the middle of a game, Selma was late bringing Joshua.  I was standing up – I can't sit down during a game.  And I look over at the entrance, and I see Selma and Joshua walk in.  And Joshua proceeded to high five every girl on the opposing team's bench."

Opposing teams, strangers and even people who were mean, didn't stop Joshua from sharing his love and enthusiasm.  I remember this moment well, and was so proud and happy to be his Mom!!

Here are a few pictures of high fives caught on camera!!


Bowling with my brother,
Uncle Doug Larson
(High fives even came after gutter balls!!)

High fives for my brother,
Uncle Carl Larson who was Joshua's computer fixer hero!
(He had probably already given the high five!)










No comments:

Post a Comment