Popular Posts

Monday, February 16, 2015

Chairs at Church - Joshua can help too!

Chairs at Church
Joshua Can Help Too!


Yes, the process was slower this way.  But it was also filled with much more joy and fun! 


Every day I smile as simple acts around me bring such sweet memories of my Joshua boy!

Yesterday afternoon, I was rehearsing at the front of the chapel at Church and noticed several men taking down the folding chairs in the overflow area.  I smile inwardly and outwardly as I could vividly picture my cute and handsome Joshua, so eager to help with this very "simple" task.

But he couldn't quite do it!  He just could not get the chair from a normal sitting position and fold it up ready to lean against the wall!  He had to do it his way.

So we all allowed him to "think" he was helping us a lot as he would bring us all one chair at a time.  You never knew  who he would choose to hand the chair to and in his enthusiastic way say "here!"  And you had to be ready because he was not very patient, and when he was ready to give it to you, he was ready for sure!

But I can just see him after handing the chair over, he would either clap his hands, or give a little happy hop, or possibly say "I did it."  And then he would receive high fives and "way to go" comments and many thanks.  He was needed and he was important!!  And he was happy!

And on to find the next chair he would go.

Yes, the process was slower this way.  But it was also filled with much more joy and fun!  We all need a Joshua to help take down those chairs at the end of a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment