Popular Posts

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Kisses from Heaven - Joshua's 31st Birthday

Kisses From Heaven - Joshua's 31st Birthday

Once again, I smiled, remembering a handsome young man cheering out loud in church 
after many special musical numbers.  I loved that third special kiss blown my way.


 January 26th is always a happy, tender, sweet and sad day for me.  My two oldest boys were born on the same day!  I bought two balloon bouquets and put one on Joshua's grave and gave the other to Jeremy.  I wrote about the birth of Joshua's brother on the post titled "Jeremy John Eisenstat."  They were always best brothers!

As we have celebrated this special day after Joshua's death, we celebrate Jeremy and the amazing young man he is, and rejoice at all he has done, and all he has yet to do.  But we also miss Joshua and think of him and what he would be doing today.  No doubt throwing Jeremy's IPhone out the window!  But if he did, I also know that Jeremy would completely love him anyway.

My scripture reading that morning was 3 Nephi 17 in the Book of Mormon.  This is one of my "Joshua" chapters and holds so much meaning as Christ healed the sick and afflicted and blessed the children.  I can feel His love for Joshua.  This was my first kiss from heaven.

This year their birthdays were on a Sunday.  As Janson and I sat down at church, I noticed two adorable twin baby boys a couple of rows in front of us.  Both of them had helmets on!  I smiled and knew that another kiss had just been blown my way.  

A little while later I was sitting in Primary, with children ages 3 to 11.  After a young child gave a talk, a boy about 4 years old, clapped right out loud!  Once again, I smiled, remembering a handsome young man cheering out loud in church after many special musical numbers.  I loved that third special kiss blown my way.


Then we had a special birthday dinner for Jeremy, his siblings and his girlfriend.  Jeremy is such a blessing in our family and carries a spirit of humility ad love.  And I love having my kids over and rejoice to be their Mom!  One of the gifts from us was a McDonalds Gift Card to Jeremy from Joshua.  I asked Janson to write a little note to Jeremy with the gift card.  His words were absolutely perfect as if Joshua had wrote them himself.  He told Jeremy "not to throw the cheeseburger out the window."  It really is hard not to!!  Thanks for the fourth kiss blown my way Janson!

This was a special, sweet day to rejoice as a mother in my two wonderful sons!

And then just six days later I was at a baptism at church when an older man with disabilities talked right out loud in the middle of the meeting.  It was all I could do not to jump up and go give him a high five!  But I did get to meet him later and shake his hand.  That was another beautiful kiss from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment